Gunner Crew (Entry Level)
£21,424 a year (after training)
Get to the heart of the action.
As a full-time, entry-level Gunner in the British Army, you’ll:
· Provide firepower, finding and striking the enemy where it counts
· Locate enemy positions using high-tech aerial surveillance systems and thermal imaging
· Attack the enemy using guns, mortars, precision rockets, and aircraft
· Choose a trade that suits you in one of the most diverse Army units
· Train as a gun operator, drone pilot, parachutist, commando, or missile operator
To qualify, you must be between 16 years 6 months and 35 years 6 months and pass a basic fitness test.
Set yourself up for life.
During your initial training, you’ll earn £16,844, after which your salary will rise to £21,424. If you set your mind to it, you could reach Corporal within 5 years, earning £33,065.
You’ll also receive 30 days’ annual leave every year (plus bank holidays and extra leave after operations), free medical and dental care, cheaper living costs, and free gym and sports facilities. And unless you're away on operations or training exercises, you'll normally work 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
From your very first day of training with us, you’ll be gaining transferrable skills – skills that could set you up for life. You don’t need to know how to do the job before you get here, because we’ll give you all the entry-level training you need.
You’ll even get to travel the world, taking part in the Army’s adventurous training, and spending dedicated time playing the sports you love.